Inspired by one of the onion dome towers of the cathedral commissioned by
Ivan IV, (Ivan the Terrible) in 1555. Standing in Red Square and known
today as St. Basil's Cathedral, it is also known as the "Cathedral of
Intercession of the Virgin on the Moat", the "Cathedral of the Protection of
the Mother of God", or simply as "Pokrovskiy Cathedral". In 1588, Tsar
Fedor Ivanovich added a chapel to the eastern side above the grave of the
cathedral's namesake, Basil Fool for Christ, a Russian Orthodox saint.
The pure white, slightly rough texture of unglazed bisque porcelain gives
the model an ethereal glow when a tea candle is placed inside. An
ideal gift for an architecture enthusiast or world traveler.
Dimensions: 4" x 4" x
Shipping Weight: 3 lbs.
DISCONTNUED, NO LONGER AVAILABLE
View our selection of
History Decor Gifts