Inspired by one of the onion dome towers of the
cathedral commissioned by Ivan IV, (Ivan the Terrible) in 1555.
Standing in Red
and known today as St. Basil's Cathedral, it is also known as the "Cathedral
of Intercession of the Virgin on the Moat", the "Cathedral of the Protection
of the Mother of God", or simply as "Pokrovskiy Cathedral". In 1588,
Tsar Fedor Ivanovich added a chapel to the eastern side above the grave of
the cathedral's namesake, Basil Fool for Christ, a Russian Orthodox saint.
The pure white, slightly rough texture of unglazed bisque porcelain gives
the model an ethereal glow when a tea candle is placed inside. An
ideal gift for an architecture enthusiast or world traveler.
Dimensions: 4" x 4"
Shipping Weight: 3 lbs.
Add to Basket
View our selection of
History Decor Gifts